TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Sunday 28 December 2008

And finally...Our last day.

The alarm on my mobile phone went off at 06:00hrs., but I'd been awake for some hours. It was cold and I didn't want to get out of bed. But I had to, I was busting. After I'd sorted that out and put the kettle on, I started packing the last of the bits and pieces - The walkie talkies, keys, torch, chargers etc. etc. then outside and brrr! its cold, well below freezing and a black frost. I tried cleaning the odd bits and pieces that I missed last night but any water I used just froze on the cold steel. So that had to go by the bye. Time to get TQ over to the other side of the canal for a pump out, a re-fuel and replenish the water tank. Managed to "negotiate" a 40/60 split on 58.73 litres of diesel (thats 40% propulsion, and 60% domestic) as its been cold, and the engine is not propelling the boat when in locks so its generating electricity and hot water, and there's been 108 locks.

Brought the car down close to the boat and began loading. A quick visit to the office to pay our dues and we were on our way down the M42 and M5. A stop in North Petherton to pick up the cat and we were home by 13:00hrs.

A few more pix:-


Sometimes I let Lin steer Tranquility

Low water level in the pound

Just about the only use for these expensive bollards, although I can think of one other and it involves walking the dog. I'll leave that one to your imagination.

And sometimes Lin lets me steer Tranquility

No comments: