TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Saturday 23 December 2017

Well that went well!

It all worked out ok in the end.

Having forgot to purchase an oil filter prior to leaving home I managed to get one in Nantwich chandlers, we then headed off South to Coole Pilate where I started the task of changing the oil.

I pumped out the oil and removed the old filter and discovered the new filter was too small. So I had to rewind, put the old filter back on and refill with the old oil, and cruise down to Overwater Marina and purchase another one of the right size.

On returning to Coole Pilate I carried out the oil change successfully this time but then I noticed there was a screw loose on the newly fitted Aquadrive coupling. It was so loose I could remove it with my fingers. I tightened it back up and checked the others and found four more that needed serious tightening. Further, two of the four hex head bolts connecting with the gearbox were also loose.

Then I spotted the stern gland packing clamp was a long way out of parallel with the flange so I rectified that too.

Oh! And the shower has a new lamp fitted. I have some led's on the way for there, but they didn't arrive in time so they'll have to wait until next time.

Aquadrive.

Another beautiful sunset.
Lucy?

Zedsville again.

No comments: