The weather has been outstanding, today has been wall to wall sunshine again and we'll remember it for many years to come.
Loads of work has been done, some trivial but a requirement of the BSS, for example the fire extinguisher locking pins fell out when the extinguisher was tipped over onto its side. Easily solved utilising the existing elastic band retaining it.
|Now the pin can't fall out.|
|New 70mm□ links fitted.|
Also ratchet strap security.
When I started this job I noticed the batteries had been mixed up. (We've been around this loop before). There were three domestic batteries and one starter all together in the engine 'ole, and one domestic in the locker above.
So I swapped the single domestic and the starter, so now all domestic batteries are together in the engine 'ole and the starter battery is up in the locker.
|Secured with a hanging bracket I found left over from the new inverter fitment.|
Note the old smaller battery links from the domestic pack.
|It's stuck on with Sikaflex, an expensive adhesive 🤔|
|Looking good after a bit of a clean.|
NOTE TO USERS:- DO NOT STAND ON THE EXHAUST SPIGOT!
Also been down the bow thruster 'ole, dried it out, cleaned and painted with two coats of bitumastic.
|'Tiz a bit black in there!|