TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Sunday 20 September 2009

Home again.

Well another holiday over, they go far too fast for my liking. Sorry I didn't blog last night, but I was so busy cleaning and polishing TQ, I didn't finish 'till after dark and was too exhausted to get the laptop out. The paint work on TQ had become very oxidised and had a dull finish, so I used T Cut to remove the oxide and then polished with Craftmaster Wax. Now she shines beautifully. I'm sure the next shareholders to holiday aboard will appreciate it, and its set ready for the onslaught of winter.

We moored just South of the M42 Motorway bridge and it was surprisingly quiet in the night, just the odd vehicle going by, and the sound deadening bridge sides helped to muffle it considerably.

No pix for today, but here's some I took earlier:-

A problem occurring here...


...and here.
About time this was repaired, look at the weeds growing in it.
That piling is not a permanant solution.





Yarningale Aqueduct




This is Lengthman's Cottage, a Landmark Trust building.

Probably has one of the best extensions.




Typical milestone along the Stratford.



Part of the flight at Lapworth



That bizzarre bit on the side at Preston Bagot.





An inscribed lock coping stone.

No comments: