We've been a bit tired all day due to us not sleeping very well. We have to leave the engine running all night because if we stop it we won't be able to start it again. We're not moored near a boatyard so there is no one nearby to help if things get dodgy. We tried to get water at the top of Grindley Brook Locks but our hose is blocked with ice and the water pressure at the tap was not enough to push it through. We're not desperate for water yet, but it would have been peace of mind to have filled up.
Due to our battery problem we're not able to leave TQ unattended with the engine running which means we can't stop for lunch at the Willey Moor Tavern so we have to keep going until the cold beats us. We're moored on PVM (public visitor moorings) at the top of Baddiley Locks about 4 or 5 hours from our mooring at Aqueducd Marina, but I fear there's going to be some thick ice on the cut tomorrow morning from Hurleston onwards which might delay us.
I took some video today:-