TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Thursday 12 April 2012

Another day of Maintenance

I put my overalls on and got down and dirty in the engine 'ole this morning, there's been a fault with engine starting, and reports have been coming through to wiggle the red wire and try again and usually the engine will start. I found an insulated connection with some considerable corrosion and so I went about taking it apart to clean it. First things first, isolate all the batteries so no accidental shorting can occurr, then verify by trying to start the engine. Then, if all is well, procede with loosening the offending connection. I managed to get the nut off and found the connected terminals were very corroded. I cleaned them up with abrasive paper, gave it a squirt of Wobbly Wee 40 and re-assembled it. I switched on the isolators and tried it out and success, it starts with no problem. Only time will tell!

Terminals, all a little corroded


This is the starter motor connection. Maintenance done here too.
 While I was down the engine 'ole I drop tested the starter battery, and it's in top notch condition.


Lin said...
 ..."I've got some more maintenance for you". "What've you broke?" I asked. "Nothing, the coat hooks are loose". "Well come on", I said, "You can do this one". - "This is a screw driver..."

We moved up a bit this afternoon, all of about two miles and moored near Willoughby. We got ouselves nicely parked and N B Serendipity moored up in front of us. I feel some gossip coming on!
More tomorrow.

2 comments:

sed said...

Hi Kevin &Lyn
We away from home at mo so only just caught up with your blog. Great stuff and we are very grateful (-and I'm sure we talk for all the other Owners too,) for all the work you are doing but don't forget you're on holiday!!
Great job with the dog ring too.

sed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.