TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Friday 16 May 2014

Out with the old, in with the new.

A maintenance day today, but first we slipped our moorings in Braunston after Lin went shopping again and I polished the Starboard side. We only moved a couple of hundred yards to stop at the water point to fill up and I went into Midland Swindlers Chandlers to get a spark ignition switch for the hob and 5 litres of oil. A very nice chug in the morning sunshine landed us somewhere between Bridges 100 and 101. I fitted the ignition switch and then painted the flue flange while Lin did some washing and then I waited for the engine to cool down before I changed the oil and filter. I also changed the primary fuel filter and gearbox oil.

New one on the left. Have a guess how much...

View to the North

View to the South

New fuel filter, there was no water in the dregs, the fuel was clean.

All finished.


Lucy has been so good, not a word of complaint, though she gets us up at 05:00 in the mornings, which isn't a bad thing.
Lucy showing an interest in the great outdoors.
Oh! I nearly forgot, the spark ignition button cost a whopping £14.75.

Just look at this lovely sunset...


No comments: