TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Shortest day. 80 feet, 0 locks.

Spent most of the morning replacing some fuel hoses which were seeping a little diesel. First I had to turn off the fuel supply from the tank, that was no problem, just turn off the valve, but the return doesn't have a valve on it and if you disconnect a hose the fuel will syphon out of the tank. Aarrgghh! That's what I bought the clamp for earlier in the week, so that I could squeeze the hose to shut off the fuel. Trouble is, I couldn't squeeze it tight enough so some assistance from a pair of water pump pliers and a cable tie came to the rescue. I was able to change three hoses altogether, but there are more that will need changing later in the year.

New hose conforming to ISO7840.

And another.
 Spent the rest of the day polishing the paintwork. Used my new machine for this and made much lighter work of it. The paint was bad, really bad. Even T Cut was hard pressed to remove the oxydisation from the surface. Once the whole side was T Cut and cleaned off, I went over it with some carnauba wax polish.


You can really see the difference in this photo.
 Some grass cutting contractors came by and said they would leave the grass uncut next to TQ, so I said I would move up to a freshly cut area so that they could cut the bit where TQ was moored later when they came back. Hence the 80 feet and 0 locks.

TQ looking shiny and with a freshly cut lawn.




No comments: