TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Sunday 9 October 2011

Time to go home.

Its been so busy in the Braunston area, we've seen more boats on the move in this spot that during the whole time spent on the River Nene.

Seen along the way:-

I had to take a photo of this, I wonder how long its been there.
I'd guess since 1979 when their album The Wall was released.
It's lasted well.
 This is the only piece of graffiti I like, it's plain, simple, uncluttered and I have to say because I'm biased, (they produce some of my favorite music) this should be a listed building, not that appendage, that wart sticking out of the middle of Northampton.

Our final journey of this holiday with TQ was quite short and our first stop was at the water point just above the lock to fill the water tanks, fore and aft. Then it was through the lock and moor up stern end on to the quay, unload all our junk onto the car, fuel up and pump out TQ, pay our dues and make our way back home.

So, summing up, would I go down the Nene again? Yes, absolutely. Its a beautiful river and gets better after Wellingborough, I wish circumstances could have been different and we could have explored the Middle Level, but that will have to wait for another time. The drawbacks - You need an extra visitors license (if you don't have a BW Gold license), and it's not cheap. Additionally you'll need a special EA key to operate the locks and obtain water. This will cost £10, but on the up side, pump outs are FREE - YES FREE! You just have to help yourself. Facilities are scarce, the only pump outs being at Peterborough and Northampton. The facility at Rushden and Diamonds has been closed, moorings only, not even any water. There are some nice places to moor, you just have to find them as they're not always obvious.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the trouble to read my blog over the last three weeks, our next adventure is due in January 2012, though I think we may not be taking it after our last Winter escapade. We'll have to wait and see how the weather pans out.
Cheers for now, K & L

No comments: