TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Saturday 8 October 2011

Our last day

We took a walk around Braunston today, and discovered Dover from the TV series Narrow Boat Afloat presented by Alan Herd. To be honest she looked a bit neglected, being mounted up on sleepers and having plates welded on to the hull. I thought they did all that in the TV series, seems I was mistaken. We continued our walk to the bottom lock where Lin went into The Boat Shop and bought a loaf of bread, and then we crossed the canal walked through a field to the main street of the village.

Dover - out of the water.



Vulcan - on the water

This is on the footbridge over the entrance to Braunston Marina
When we came back to TQ we set off towards Braunston Junction and turned left onto the Oxford Canal. At bridge 102 we stopped for lunch and had soup with some of the bread we bought earlier in the village. Later we pushed on to between Bridge 108 and Napton Junction where we moored up and started cleaning TQ and making ready to vacate tomorrow morning. I polished the brass again and cleaned the gutters around the lockers, deckboard and rear hatch. I also cleaned the front deck and lockers. Then it started to rain - thanks for that. Never mind, at least I know the job has been done.



Fully loaded stern tube greaser
I also filled the stern greaser and looked at why the engine is sluggish to start sometimes. I think I've found out why, there is a badly corroded connection in the starter circuit which needs attention. I tried to loosen the nut but not wishing to break the stud off I thought it best to leave it to the engineer at Calcutt. I gave it a dose of WD-40 to help give it a fighting chance.


Corroded connection to starter motor
Tomorrow morning we head for Calcutt and unload all our chattles into the car, and then its a cross country journey to the M5 and back home. Really looking forward to that - not. 

No comments: