TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Friday 28 December 2012

Back to base, and was it ever windy.

Now all you boaters out there know how the wind is our enemy with rain a close second, but when you get wind and rain together...

I have to admit it was a late start and the best of the weather was earlier in the day. Again, as usual, not long after we slipped our moorings it started raining. So, non stop from just outside Braunston to Wigrams Turn Marina, and the wind was so strong it was whipping the water up into white horses in some places. I was dreading what I was going to find at Wigrams knowing how exposed the site is, but my fears were allayed when the wind direction actually made it easy to get moored on the pontoon, and parking me barge was a doddle.

Turkey for tea again - it's a good job I like turkey.

Tomorrow we unload and prepare TQ for the next owner. I have to wash the outside as an albatross has splat all down the front and starboard side. Two weeks, all bar three days has passed with jet propelled skates on and it's back to work on Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday etc., We've had a great Christmas on TQ, and we look forward to the next time - might be next month. TQ goes in for two weeks maintenance soon and I have a week immediately after to check her out to see what's been done. I hope we're not iced in.

Sorry there's not been many photos, the weather conditions haven't come anywhere near good enough, in fact it's been decidedly rough for most of the time.

No comments: