Today (Sunday) we were getting low on certain supplies so a trip to Tesco in Southam filled the gap. When we came back we had brunch in the form of bacon sarnies and a glass of orange juice - delicious.
Then I got down to the business of more rust removal and painting. Yesterday I cleaned out the loose rust from the bow thruster hole, but I had to wait for it to dry out before I could paint it. This meant leaving it overnight with the hatch on to protect it from rain, and this morning it wa largely dry enough. So I got on with the gas locker first and after emptying it of everything I hacked at the rust with a screw driver until it was all loose and then scooped it all up and put it in a bucket. Then I gave it a good wire brushing and vacuumed out the remaining dust.
Next the paint; Hammerite Direct to Rust in Dark Green. The gas locker was easy enough, but the bow thruster hole took some inginuity. I couldn't get in there with the paint brush due to the fumes so I tied the brush to my aluminium dip stick with insulation tape, so now I can reach in without being overcome by fumes.
|That should give it some protection for a while.|
|The gas locker|
No, that's not boobies, it's gas bottles.