TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Monday 8 September 2014

We have escaped!

After being stuck in the Marina for the last six days, we had the call from Sandy to say that the starter motor was ready for us to collect, so off we went to Atherstone to collect it. An exchange of an appropriate quantity of silver took place and I had what looked like a brand new starter motor in my hot sticky mit. Very impressed with Cox's automotive, the've done a superb job.

The starter motor. The yellow in the picture is a reflection
from something else.

Nine teeth - must remember that!
Two bolts and two electrical connections and it's fitted. Sounds easy doesn't it? Actually it's a right BF. The oil cooler has to be unbolted from the header tank to gain enough access, although the cooling system doesn't need to be opened.
Anyway, I got it all together and it works perfectly. Apparently, they tell me, it was in a bit of a state, totally s worn out.

While I was there (in the engine 'ole) I changed the oil and filter, knowing I didn't have enough oil to fill the engine so I sent Lin into Reception to buy another five litres, unfortunately they didn't have any, so of we go, out in the car again, to Calcutt Marina and sure enough they had some.

With engine oil topped up we made our escape out of the marina toward Braunston and found a lovely spot in the countryside where it is very quiet (apart from the local farmers enjoying themselves joy riding around the fields in their tractors).

Disc harrowing.

No sooner did we arrive here when Lin went blackberry picking. The hedgerows are fully laden, and guess what? I had blackberry and apple crumble and clotted cream for tea, made with the blackberries that were growing in the hedge right next to where TQ is moored - Delicious.

Yummy!


Somewhere near Flecknoe...
...where me and my beer are going to watch the Sun go down.



Enough said.

No comments: