TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Monday 11 May 2009

Not much done again today...

Had an easy morning, breakfast was what we call a Ham Quickie, ham eggs and mushrooms all scrambled together and presented on toast. 'kin delicious. Later Lin decided to walk into Worcester and visit the Porcelain Museum. In the mean time I tightened up the stern tube gland as it was leaking. One turn on each of the two bolts was enough to stop the drip. I also cleaned the external brasswork. Now It'll rain.
We pressed on to Lowesmoor Basin, all of one mile and one lock, and winded 270 degrees to get through the bridge and into the basin. I winded again to bring the stern close to the diesel pump and so that the pump-out cap was wharf side. We were able to self declare on our diesel and I declared a 40/60 split (40 prop/60 dom). We also changed a gas bottle and filled the stern greaser. We'll stay here overnight and we were allocated a mooring next to another narrow boat. The thing is , I had to manoeuvre TQ through a steel gantry in reverse and against the side wind. Somehow it worked perfectly. In the afternoon we walked into the City and did some shopping - just the usual run of the mill stuff.

Our current berth. Note the gantry I reversed in through. And I never touched the sides

A sea of narrow boats in Lowesmoor Basin

No comments: