TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Monday 3 May 2010

Connection at last and the paint job

This blog is for 2nd May 2010.
Sorry, tried to blog last night, but there was no signal. Turns out there probably was a signal, but a corrupted programme in my laptop was preventing me from receiving anything. Uninstalling the programme and reinstalling it did the trick.
Anyway here goes:-
Had a good journey to Alvechurch despite the rain and loaded up TQ straight away. I asked in the office if TQ had had her turnaround check done and they said it would be done at around 13:00hrs. so we had to wait awhile for that to happen. In the mean time we checked the loo (well you have to eventually) and it sounded different to what it had in the past, so we asked the engineer for his opinion. he said "It sounds just like it did last week and as its working, run with it and if it goes wrong, call us out." So that's what we've done. We decided to stay at Alvechurch that night and get away very early in the morning as we were meeting some friends later at Kingswood Junction.
I've got a picture of TQ in the camera, and I'd downloaded it to the laptop but blowed if I can find it now. I'll blog it here later.
I've found it!

Tranquility on her home mooring at Alvechurch








About the paint job TQ had week before last, OK its not bad, but the finish on the roof is a bit iffy. I don't think TQ is going to look really good until she has her full repaint this coming Winter, but for now I guess its OK. If this were the "final result" I wouldn't accept it.

This blog is for today 3rd May 2010.
Up with the Lark this morning, and away by 06:30hrs (that's not a typo) and made our way North to Kings Norton Junction. Lin steered through Wast Hill Tunnel while I had a shower, and I steered while Lin showered and made breakfast. Bacon butties on the fly. (Whilst cruising). Through Brandwood Tunnel, and we didn't get spat at this time, and on to the Shirley drawbridge where the buttons have to be held in to operate the lift gear. You have to press them in hard, I guess they've seen a lot of service. Locked our way down Lapworth and caught up with Anne and David near Kingswood Junction. They have a delightful boat and we spent the rest of the afternoon talking boats and engines. Time to retire, I'll continue tomorrow.

No comments: