TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Wednesday 5 May 2010

A diversion on tick-over

This blog is dated Tuesday 4/5/2010
Sorry about the late blog there is something wrong with our 3G dongly thingy. I've found that I need to uninstall the programme and reinstall it again each time I use it.
We were planning on turning right at Kingswood Junction and heading off to Warwick, but friends Anne and David reccommended a pub on the Grand Union called The Black Boy (not sure if that's PC today). This meant turning left and a detour on tick-over (we have loads of time to spare) up to the winding hole just before bridge 70 and coming back past the Black Buoy Cruising Club and mooring up on the left, right outside the pub. What I've neglected to say was, we also stopped at the Navigation for lunch, and had a ploughmans and a pint. I made the mistake of ordering a pint of Dog Dancer which turned out to be cider. I might be from Somerset but I'm not a cider drinker. Well, it wasn't bad for the first half, but after that it became more and more samey. I'll not be doing that again. The ploughmans lunches were good though, but I can't help thinking the sandwiches others were having was better value for money. So here we are outside the Black Boy and we'll be meeting Anne and David here later for a meal. Tomorrow morning we'll have to be away early and get all the way down the Hatton Flight.

No comments: