TRANQUILITY IS A SELF MANAGED SHARE BOAT

At 58 feet length, TQ (as we call her) is a steel hull narrow boat built by Colecraft and fitted out by Elton Moss Boatbuilders. Currently based at Aqueduct Marina in Cheshire we're able to cruise some of the most popular waterways in Britain. The Shropshire Union, The Trent and Mersey, The Llangollen Canal, The Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring and more.

Our friendly Syndicate decided to go down the Self Management route on 1st March 2012 and so far it has been very successful. Please visit the other pages in this blog to see the new Web Site and if shares are available for sale. (There'll not be many).


ABOUT COPYRIGHT.
I am having to place a watermark on the blog content as someone on Facebook is stealing photos and claiming them as their own. I wouldn't mind if they asked first and attributed it to my blog. If it continues I will name and shame them. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

All content is Copyright N. B. Tranquility © 2008 - 2019

Saturday 8 May 2010

A dirty day and a nasty smell!

Hillmorton to Ansty

Had a lazy morning and left our mooring at 09:00hrs in the rain, and it continued to rain steadily all day and at times the rain was horizontal.

Through Rugby the bridges are decorated with art instead of graffiti. Its all about the history of the town and includes the story of the game of rugby and the story of the canals in the area. Unfortunately, some of it has been dawbed.

Rugby has a Tesco and yes you've guessed, we paid a visit. Another two carrier bags full of "stuff", and then it was lunchtime, and then it hammered down so we timed that just right.

After the rain had slowed Lin stayed inside and I steered TQ the rest of the way to Bridge 11 near Ansty. Along the way, Newbold Tunnel was well illuminated, nice, but I'm not sure why. Apparently the lights are turned off at night to allow bats to roost? I would have thought there wouldn't have been any bats in there at night. Maybe I've got it all wrong.

At Stretton Stop there was a bit of a surprise, there is a swingbridge, and its marked on the map but its small on the map and small in actual size too. I think its a sales ploy to get you to stop and buy something. Luckily for us someone came out to open it. Good job too as last time I went into a place like this all I wanted was a spare light bulb and ended up buying a new caravan.

Ansty is a odd place for boaters. It looks a nice village and I'm sure it is but its not boatie friendly. There are a few visitor moorings at one end of the village occupied by the usual continuous moorers and local hire boats' overspill from the local boatyard, and the rest (and there's quite a lot) are dedicated to permit holders only, and are unoccupied, and further on there is loads of space with "Strictly No Mooring" signs, so we won't.

On through Ansty and under the M69 Motorway Bridge and just after Bridge 11 looked a good place to moor but as usual along here its shallow near the edge.

Oh! I almost forgot, that bad smell. We blamed it on the toilet yesterday, but today I discovered what it was. In the port side rear locker is a pair of batteries. I think they are part of the domestic set, the other three being below in the engine room. One of them is gassing badly under charge which is why the smell occurs at the end of the day, and why battery performance is down. On Monday I'll phone Carefree and ask their advice.

No neighbours, just the distant roar of the M69

More tomorrow if I can get a signal from "3".

No comments: